Ayon Crossfire III PA
Crossfire III PA Tube Amp
SET Tube Amp Pure Class A
The Crossfire III continues the evolution of the Crossfire II amplifier by once again offering dramatic improvements to its completely revised third-generation power supply, tube regulator and new gain stage technology. The gain stages have been optimized to provide for the shortest signal path and the most direct signal flow. The Crossfire III is our most powerful SE-triode integrated amplifier featuring single-ended triode circuitry with our exceptional Ayon 62B power tube. Zero dB feedback delivers pure class-A operation for the most natural fast and authentic 3D holographic sound. It’s uncompromising design with rich and varied interplay of macro- and micro lines of dynamic performance. The ambiance of the original event is reproduced with uncanny precision as space illuminated by music. The Crossfire III is a magic masterpiece of simplicity and function which is pleasing to the eye and pleasant to the touch.
The Crossfire III PA Stereo Amp is also available as an integrated amp.
Features & Design
Full-featured single-ended tube stereo integrated amp or pure power amplifier SE – pure Class-A triode vacuum tube-circuit design AA62B Power output tubes high peak current & high voltage delivery Ideal also for more difficult loudspeaker loads
The choice of signal and power tubes have a significant influence on the sound, and hence, on the inspiration and joy of listening. This is not only the difference between good and bad tubes, but the interaction of the different types of tubes and their combination, that are used in the various Ayon amplifiers. Today only a few manufacturers still produce tubes for pure audio amplification; one of them is Ayon Audio with its outstanding single-ended triode power tubes (AA32B-S, AA52B-S and AA62B) based on the WE 300B.
We believe that the simplest circuits work best together with the shortest signal path. That is why our SE-Triode amplifiers to date have used single-ended pure class A circuitry. The shorter the signal path is, the less possibility of sonic degradation from various sources, including the wire itself. Even on the circuit boards, the copper traces are kept to a very minimum length. The completely redesigned circuit board provides a more straightforward and direct approach to the signal paths.
● Logical sequenced soft-start power up for extended tube life
● Tube and electronic protection circuit system
● 0dB negative feedback (of any kind )
● Ultra short signal path
● Simplest direct circuit path for purest musical sound and high reliability
● No solid state devices in the signal path
● High current and low impedance design that operates tubes in the best areas their curves
● Minimal discrete wiring for optimum signal propagation
● External static bias adjustment
● No followers or buffers in the signal path
● High quality parts throughout
● Selector switch engages relays located near RCA jacks to switch all inputs
Single ended amps are more susceptible to power supply aberrations than push-pull amplifiers. The power supplies have been further refined with new components and enhanced AC line noise filtration. Separate power transformers, chokes and filters provide total isolation between the input and output stage which makes this a pure power source and it is a critical attribute for a single-ended amplifier. We also use electrolytic capacitors with much larger storage capacity to make up for the loss in filtering when using resistors in lieu of inductors.
● 2 separate low noise –insulated power transformers
● Power transformers are encased, excellent damped and RFI/EMI shielded
● Innovative power supply provides a high speed energy delivery on transients
● Dual choke filtered power supply for Ayon AA62B
● Dual choke for pre and driver stage
● Tube regulated power supply (5U4G)
● Separate and isolated power supplies over each stage of amplification
● Regulated DC filament supplies with soft start
● AC power line filter to avoid noise and hash from entering into the unit.
● High capacitance energy storage.
● Current in-rush limiting
● Auto sequencing – Power on cycle completes in 1 minute
Dual Grounding System
The modification of the grounding topology leads to increased rejection of noise from the power supply and other areas. The dual grounding topology used in all of our amplifiers is quite unique to the whole hi-end tube amplification industry. Such extensive topology provides for quieter backdrop for which the music can unfold in its entirety. It further establishes the quick and controlled bass response and the full bodied expression of the high frequency. The ground leg of the signal has not been neglected and has been given meticulous attention in its implementation. The importance of proper grounding cannot be over emphasized.
● Ground switch
● Central one-point star earth grounding
● Dual grounding system (switchable)
The super-wide bandwidth output transformer’s major strength is that it can deliver the current in the bass, while at the same time maintaining the speed in the high frequencies This dramatically improves the square wave response of the amplifier. The effect is a much more natural and relaxed sound with much better clarity, resolution and fluidity.
● Super-wide bandwidth high performance output transformer (made by ayon)
● High efficiency with low insertion loss for optimal current and voltage transfer
● Multiple tight layering and coupling for extended frequency response
● Output transformers are sealed with an anti-resonance compound material
The type of parts used, therefore, must have a synergistic relationship to the circuit they are placed in. It is this relationship of which type of part to use where, that ranks our products apart from the mass.
● Selected, premium quality passive components used in all applications
● High speed & high quality audiophile grade coupling capacitors
● Special tube sockets with beryllium- copper spring pins, custom made by Ayon
● WBT/Germany – binding posts
● WBT/Germany – input jack
● Neutrik/Swiss – XLR chassis connectors
● Special isolated – internal wiring
● Silver-copper matrix – internal signal cable
● Gold-plated industrial grade PCB
The high grade aluminum chassis impart a richer, more lustrous tonality with a cleaner background and less hash and grain. All brushed anodized anti-vibration-resonance and non-magnetic chassis’s are fully hand assembled to insure the highest level of craftsmanship.
● Improved heat ventilation chassis
● Custom-made machined control knobs
● The aluminium feet are resonance absorbing types
● Backlit “ayon” logo
● All front & rear panel descriptions are engraved
● 4 line inputs & 1 direct input – for pure power amp operation
● Ground switch
● Volume & Mute function – RC
● Bias analog-instrument with mV scale
● Metal remote commander
● Chassis finish: black / chrome
|Amplifier||Ayon Crossfire III|
|Class of Operation||Single-Ended, Pure Class-A|
|Tube Complement||2 x AA62B|
|Load Impedance||4 & 8 Ohms|
|Output Power||2 x 30 Watt|
|Frequency Response||8 Hz – 35 kHz/ 0 dB|
|Input Impedance at 1 kHz||100 KΩ|
|S/N ratio at full power||98 dB|
|Volume Control||None Stereo Amp|
|Inputs & Output||3xLine In, 1x XLR In, 1xDirect In, 1x Pre out|
|Dimensions (WxDxH) cm||52x42x25 cm|
|Shipping weight||55 kg|
Specifications subject to change without notice
The Absolute Sound Award - Ayon Audio "The Bugatti of Audio"
Please request a Password from your distributor, dealer or Ayon Audio. Also indicate in which country the device is operated, as well as the model name and the serial number.