Ayon Spark V
Ayon Spark V
Ayon is pleased to introduce the Spark V, a significant evolution of our already highly regarded predecessor, the Spark III. The Spark V has been completely rebuilt, with a new power supply, new pre-driver stage and new output transformers. The Spark V is our most affordable single-ended triode tube amplifier for serious music lovers. Low distortion, excellent dynamics, holographic sound, warm yet detailed in the midrange, fast and powerful bass. An amplifier for advanced music lovers who appreciate the special sound of the 6C33 tube.
Features & Design
Full-featured single-ended tube stereo integrated amp or pure power amplifier
SE – pure Class-A triode vacuum tube-circuit design
The 6C33 tubes are ideal for audio power application due to their low plate impedance and high current capability.
Ideal also for more difficult loudspeaker loads
The choice of signal and power tubes have a significant influence on the sound and hence on the inspiration and joy of listening. This is not only the decision between good and bad tubes but finally the interaction of the different types of tubes and their combination that are used in the various Ayon amplifiers.
We believe that the simplest circuits work best together with the shortest signal path. That is why our SE-Triode amplifiers to date have used single-ended pure class-A circuitry. The shorter the signal path is, the less possibility of sonic degradation from various sources, including the wire itself. Even on the circuit boards, the copper traces are kept to a very minimum length. The completely redesigned circuit board provides a more straightforward and direct approach to the signal paths.
- Logical sequenced soft-start power up for extended tube life
- Power tube and electronic protection circuit system
- 0dB negative feedback (of any kind )
- Ultra short signal path
- Simplest direct circuit path for purest musical sound and high reliability
- No solid state devices in the signal path
- High current and low impedance design that operates tubes in the best areas their curves
- Minimal discrete wiring for optimum signal propagation
- No followers or buffers in the signal path
- High quality parts throughout
Single ended amps are more susceptible to power supply aberrations than push-pull amplifiers. The power supplies have been further refined with new components and enhanced AC line noise filtration. Separate power transformers, chokes and filters provide total isolation between the input and output stages which makes this a pure power source and it is a critical attribute for a single-ended amplifier. We also use electrolytic capacitors with much larger storage capacity to make up for the loss in filtering when using resistors in lieu of inductors.
- Low noise –insulated power transformer
- Power transformer is encased, excellent damped and RFI/EMI shielded
- Innovative power supply provides a high speed energy delivery on transients
- Choke filtered power supply for 6C33
- Choke for pre and driver stage
- Separate and isolated power supplies over each stage of amplification
- Regulated DC filament supplies with soft start
- AC power line filter to avoid noise and hash from entering into the unit.
- High capacitance energy storage.
- Current in-rush limiting
- Auto sequencing – Power on cycle completes in 1 minute
Dual Grounding System
The modification of the grounding topology leads to increased rejection of noise from the power supply and other areas. The dual grounding topology used in all of our amplifiers is quite unique to the whole hi-end tube amplification industry. Such extensive topology provides for quieter backdrop for which the music can unfold in its entirety. It further establishes the quick and controlled bass response and the full-bodied expression of the high frequency. The ground leg of the signal has not been neglected and given meticulous attention in its implementation. The importance of proper grounding cannot be over emphasized.
- Ground switch
- Central one-point star earth grounding
- Dual grounding system (switchable)
The super-wide bandwidth output transformer’s major strength is that it can deliver the current in the bass, while at the same time maintaining the speed in the high frequencies, dramatically improving the square wave response of the amplifier. The effect is a much more natural and relaxed sound with much better clarity, resolution and fluidity.
- Super-wide bandwidth high performance output transformer
- High efficiency with low insertion loss for optimal current and voltage transfer
- Multiple tight layering and coupling for extended frequency response
- Output transformers are sealed with an anti-resonance compound material
The type of parts used therefore must have a synergistic relationship to the circuit they are placed in. It is this relationship of which type of part to use where, that ranks our products apart from the mass.
- Selected, premium quality passive components used in all applications
- High speed & high quality audiophile grade coupling capacitors
- High quality – binding posts
- High quality – RCA input jacks
The high-grade aluminum chassis impart a richer, more lustrous tonality with a cleaner background and less hash and grain. All brushed anodized anti-vibration-resonance and non-magnetic chassis’ are fully hand assembled to insure the highest level of craftsmanship.
- Improved heat ventilation chassis
- Custom-made machined control knobs
- Backlit “ayon” logo
- 4 line inputs & 1 direct input – for pure power amp operation
- Ground switch
- Volume & Mute function – RC
- Metal remote commander
- Chassis finish: black / chrome
|Ayon Spark V
|Class of Operation
|Single-Ended Triode, Pure Class-A
|2 x 6C33
|4 & 8 Ohms
|20Hz – 30kHz
|Output Power-Pentode mode
|2 x 18 W
|12 Hz – 28 kHz
|Input sensitivity for full power
|Input Impedance at 1 kHz
|3x Line In, 1 x XLR In, 1 x Direct In
|1 x Pre-out
|Dimensions (WxDxH) cm
Specifications subject to change without notice
Please request a Password from your distributor, dealer or Ayon Audio. Also indicate in which country the device is operated, as well as the model name and the serial number.